- 17 Meals (5 dinners, 1 lunch and 11 breakfasts)
- Round trip airport transfers
- Tour of Salt Lake City includeing historic Temple Square with a local guide
- Visit Dead Horse Point State Park, with its breathtaking panorama of the Canyonland’s sculpted pinnacles and buttes
- Spend 2 nights in Moab, a green, verdant valley at the heart of Utah’s canyon country
- Tour Arches National Park with a local guide and embark on a scenic float trip with a picnic lunch along the Colorado River
- Travel Utah's scenic Highway 12 through Escalante-Grand Staircase National Monument and visit Capitol Reef National Park
- Touring in Bryce Canyon National Park to see the multi-hued spires and cliffs set inside a natural amphitheater
- Embark on a narrated tour of Zion National Park with its sheer cliffs and painted sandstone walls
- Enjoy a scenic cruise on Lake Powell and visit Glen Canyon Dam
- Explore Grand Canyon National Park’s remarkable South Rim
- Drive through the Petrified Forest National Park and see the Painted Desert
- Enjoy the Balloon Fieta including the evening Balloon Glow and spectacular fireworks display
- Marvel at the “Mass Ascension” of the balloons and watch as the sky above Albuquerque fills with color in a spectacular display of sight and sound
- Visit the Indian Pueblo Cultural Centerand ride the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway in the Cibola National Forest
- $60 in Mayflower Money
Day One — Arrive in Utah
Welcome to Salt Lake City, Utah. Meet your Tour Manager at 6:00 p.m. for dinner with your traveling companions.
Day Two — Salt Lake City and Dead Horse Point State Park
A local guide joins us to explore Salt Lake City’s historic Temple Square and walk in the footsteps of the Mormon settlers who founded this city more then 150 years ago. Then, we venture into Dead Horse Point State Park with its amazing views of the Colorado River as it snakes its way through the massive sandstone walls, colorful canyons, mesas and buttes of the area. Later, we continue to Moab and our hotel.
Day Three — Arches National Park and Colorado River Float Trip
Arches National Park contains the largest concentration of stone arches in the world. A local guide shows us the massive sandstone arches and describes the culture of those that have occupied the region. Enjoy lunch before boarding a raft for a float trip on the Colorado River. During the leisurely ride our oarsman will tell tales of the area as we explore river passages with names like Fisher Towers and Professor Valley.
Breakfast and lunch
Day Four — Capital Reef and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
A morning scenic drive brings us to impressive Capitol Reef National Park, where white sandstone “domes” cap massive reef-like cliffs. Then we travel along Utah’s incredible Highway 12 Scenic Byway as we wind our way through spectacular Escalante-Grand Staircase National Monument.
Day Five — Bryce Canyon National Park
Today a guide joins us at the famed "Pink Cliffs" of Bryce Canyon National Park. The natural orange and red hues that color these formations called Hoodoos and are the result of iron oxidizing within the rock. Bryce Canyon National Park is truly one of the most spectacular scenic wonders in the world.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Six — Zion National Park
Today features awe-inspiring Zion National Park, where the Virgin River has cut a dramatic rugged gorge through multi-hued sandstone, shale and limestone. We’ll look up at the towering rock walls surrounding us on all sides as we tour this incredible natural wonder aboard open-air sightseeing trams. Later, enjoy time on your own or shopping in picturesque Springdale.
Day Seven — Glen Canyon Lake Powell Cruise and Glen Canyon Dam
A scenic drive along Vermilion Cliffs National Monument brings us to the impressive Colorado River Gorge at Navajo Bridge. Near Page we visit Glen Canyon Dam before our Antelope Canyon cruise on sky-blue Lake Powell. Dinner tonight has been arranged in the Rainbow Room at the Lake Powell Resort.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Eight — Grand Canyon South Rim
Entering through the east gate, we arrive at Grand Canyon National Park’s amazing south rim. World-renowned for its remarkable beauty and diverse range of rock layers, the Grand Canyon offers visitors an unmatched display of scenic wonders and breathtaking views.
Day Nine — Petrified Forest National Park and Painted Desert
Today we drive through one of the world’s largest and most colorful concentrations of petrified wood at Petrified Forrest National Park and see the multi-hued badlands of the Painted Desert, in this surprising land of scenic wonders and fascinating science.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Ten — Indian Pueblos Cultural Center and Evening Balloon Glow
The Indian Pueblo Cultural Center was designed to preserve and perpetuate Pueblo culture and features original artwork, exhibits and theater presenting the accomplishments of the people of New Mexico. Later a local guide joins us for a tour of Albuquerque to learn about the history of the area. Just before dusk, the burners of nearly 500 balloons are ignited and the evening sky fills with a kaleidoscope of brilliant, luminous color at the Balloon Glow, followed by a vivid fireworks display.
Day Eleven — Balloon Mass Ascension and Sandia Peak
It’s an early start today as we depart for the Fiesta Grounds. Founded in 1972, the Fiesta began with 13 balloons and has grown to more than 600 balloons from all over the world. We view the “mass ascension” of these specially shaped balloons as they lift off at sunrise. Later, take a thrilling ride aboard the world's longest passenger aerial tramway, the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway. You will be transported above the deep canyons and breathtaking terrains for an incredible view of the Rio Grande Valley. Tonight enjoy a farewell dinner at Sandiago’s Restaurant.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Twelve — Depart for Home
A group transfer takes us to Albuquerque’s Sunport Airport for flights home departing after 12:00 p.m.
Red Lion Hotel, Salt Lake City, Utah
Days Two and Three
La Quinta Inn or Moab Valley Inn, Moab, Utah
Best Western Ruby’s Inn, Bryce Canyon City, Utah
Best Western Zion Park Inn, Springdale, Utah
Days Six and Seven
Lake Powell Resort, Page, Arizona
Holiday Inn Express, Flagstaff, Arizona
Days Nine through Eleven
Doubletree Hotel, Albuquerque, New Mexico
September 30, 2015
SAVE UP TO $200 PER COUPLE
✈ Call for air rates from your city to Salt Lake City, Utah and from Albuquerque, New Mexico
STAY ANOTHER NIGHT - Rooms for the night before and after the tour are available. Cost for a room in Salt Lake City is $149 and in Albuquerque is $239, tax included.