- 7 Meals (3 dinners and 4 breakfasts)
- Round trip airport transfers
- Spend 4 nights on the famous San Antonio Riverwalk richly decorated for the holiday season
- Enjoy a leisurely cruise along the Paseo del Rio
- Guided tour of San Antonio including the Mission San Jose and El Mercado Mexican marketplace
- Touring in LBJ country including the LBJ Library, Museum and Ranch
- Visit the Alamo and see the IMAX presentation, Alamo – The Price of Freedom
- Panoramic driving tour of Austin, the Texas state capital
- $25 in Mayflower Money
Day One — Arrive in San Antonio, Texas
This holiday season, the Riverwalk shines brighter than ever as thousands of colorful Christmas lights decorate the facades and reflect off the river in San Antonio. Stay the next four nights, right in the center of all the action on San Antonio’s famous Riverwalk. Meet your Tour Manager in your hotel lobby at 5:00 p.m. for a welcome dinner. Later, enjoy a leisurely cruise along the Paseo del Rio.
Day Two — San Antonio Touring and Free Time
This morning the history of San Antonio and Texas comes alive as we are joined by a local guide for a sightseeing tour of the city. Explore the area’s rich history with visits to Mission San Jose, followed by shopping at El Mercado, an authentic Mexican Marketplace. This afternoon is free to soak up the Spanish flavor of this picturesque city or do a little holiday shopping.
Day Three — LBJ Country and Austin City Tour
Today we travel through the Texas hills to Austin, the state capital. We will visit the LBJ Library and Museum. We also take a driving tour of Austin with its many historical attractions. Our next stop is Stonewall, the birthplace of Lyndon Baines Johnson - the 36th President. Enjoy a driving tour of LBJ ranch to view the “Texas White House” where LBJ and Lady Bird are both interred. Dinner this evening is in the beautifully preserved German village of Fredericksburg.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Four — The Alamo
History comes to life as you visit this famous fort, where Davy Crockett and 185 other “Texans” fought against Mexico. You'll tour the museum and enjoy the spectacular IMAX movie, Alamo – The Price of Freedom. The afternoon is free to enjoy Texas hospitality. We celebrate our last evening in San Antonio with a farewell dinner.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Five — Fly Home
Enjoy your morning at leisure. Your Tour Manager will assist you with transfers to the airport for flights home anytime.
Drury Inn Riverwalk, San Antonio, Texas
November 30, 2015
December 7, 2015