- Free home or local pickup and return
- 9 Meals (4 dinners, 1 lunch and 4 breakfasts)
- Visit the amazing Rock City, located high atop Lookout Mountain, featuring massive ancient rock formations, gardens and the breathtaking “See Seven States” panoramic views
- Spend 2 nights in the Alpine Village of Helen, Georgia, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains and known for its annual fall Oktoberfest celebration, the largest of its kind in the southeast
- Enjoy an authentic Bavarian dinner which reflects the region’s strong German influence
- Morning guided tour of Helen with a local guide to see its quaint shops and beautiful scenery
- Total Solar Eclipse viewing in Helen, Georgia with included box lunch, chairs and protective eyewear
- Enjoy free time to explore Helen on your own and another Bavarian dinner
- Visit beautiful Anna Ruby Falls, one of the 21 waterfalls located in the area
- Tour the Museum of Appalachia which depicts the history of the Appalachian people
- Farewell dinner at the historic Boone Tavern, built in 1909 to accommodate visitors to Berea College
$25 in Mayflower Money
Day One — Depart for Nashville, Tennessee
Relax and enjoy the scenery of Indiana and Kentucky en route to Nashville.
Day Two — Rock City and Georgia’s Alpine Village
We make at stop in Chattanooga, Tennessee and pay a visit to Rock City. Located at the top of Lookout Mountain, Rock City is a true marvel of nature featuring massive ancient rock formations, gardens with over 400 native plant species and the breathtaking “See Seven States” panoramic views. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains is the Alpine village of Helen, Georgia, known for its annual fall Oktoberfest celebration, the largest of its kind in the southeast. However, we are here to experience the once-in-a-lifetime experience, the total solar eclipse. After checking into our hotel, we experience an authentic Bavarian dinner which reflects the region’s strong German influence.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Three — Eclipse Day in Helen, Georgia
This morning enjoy a guided tour of Helen with its quaint shops and beautiful scenery. Then, we take our place to view one of the earth’s great wonders, a total solar eclipse. We will enjoy an included box lunch and will have special eye-wear and seating to witness this once-in-a-lifetime event. Later, we return to town for some free time to explore Helen on your own. In the evening, we are treated to another German dinner in this quaint Bavarian town.
Breakfast, box lunch and dinner
Day Four — Anna Ruby Falls and Historic Boone Tavern
This morning, our first stop will be Anna Ruby Falls, one of the 21 waterfalls in the area. We also visit the Museum of Appalachia, depicting the history of the Appalachian people. Be sure to see the popular Appalachian Hall of Fame Building and the People’s Building, with over a quarter million items. End the day in Berea, the folk arts and craft capital of Kentucky. Dinner and overnight is at the historic Boone Tavern Hotel, built in 1909 to accommodate visitors to Berea College.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Five — Travel Home
After breakfast we return home with memories of the Georgia’s Appalachia region and this once-in-a-lifetime event.
La Quinta Inn, Nashville, Tennessee
Days Two and Three
Best Western Plus Riverpark Inn, Helen, Georgia
Boone Tavern Hotel, Berea, Kentucky