- 7 Meals (2 dinners and 5 breakfasts)
- Round trip airport transfers
- Spend 3 nights in historic Albuquerque, a city rich in Native American heritage
- Enjoy the best of the Balloon Fiesta, including the Opening Ceremonies
- Guided sightseeing tour of Albuquerque including historic Old Town, a maze of cobbled courtyards, hidden patios and numerous galleries and shops
- Be amazed as all balloons fire their burners filling them with light at the evening Balloon Glow, followed by a spectacular evening fireworks display
- Marvel at the “Mass Ascension” of the balloons and watch as the sky above Albuquerque fills with color in a spectacular display of sight and sound
- Spend 2 nights in Santa Fe, nestled in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the foothills of the Rockies
- Visit Pecos National Park, site of the western most battle of the Civil War
- Embark on a walking tour of Santa Fe including Governor’s Plaza, San Miguel Mission and Loretto Chapel with its Miraculous Staircase
- $30 in Mayflower Money
Day One — Arrive in Albuquerque
Each October, the skies of New Mexico are painted with hundreds of balloons as they lift off from Fiesta Park. This evening, join your Tour Manager for an orientation at 6:00 p.m., followed by dinner.
Day Two — Welcome to Balloon Fiesta and City Touring
It’s an early start today as we depart for the Fiesta Grounds and the Opening Ceremonies. Founded in 1972, the Fiesta began with 13 balloons and has grown to more than 600 balloons from all over the world. We view the “mass ascension” of these specially shaped balloons as they lift off at sunrise This afternoon a local guide joins us for a tour of Albuquerque.
Day Three — The Balloon Glow
Today is free to explore Albuquerque at your leisure. Tonight, get ready for a real treat at the Balloon Glow event. Just before dusk, the burners of nearly 500 balloons are ignited and the evening sky fills with a kaleidoscope of brilliant, luminous color. We top off the evening with a vivid fireworks display.
Day Four — Santa Fe Touring
A local guide joins us for a walking tour of historic Santa Fe. We visit the Loretto Chapel, a marvel of architectural ingenuity. For the shoppers, Governor’s Plaza will provide a variety of shops and artist studios. Tonight, enjoy dinner hosted by your Tour Manager.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Five — Pecos National Historic Park
Travel east of Santa Fe to visit Pecos National Historic Park, which features the ruins of Pecos pueblo and mission. Pecos is the site of the westernmost battle of the Civil War, the Battle of Glorieta Pass that was fought March 26-28, 1862.
Day Six — Depart for Home
A group transfer takes us to Albuquerque’s Sunport Airport for flights home departing after 12:00 p.m.
Days One through Three
Best Western Rio Grande Inn, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Days Four and Five
Hilton Buffalo Thunder, Santa Fe, New Mexico
Call for air rates and schedules from your city to and from Albuquerque
Rooms for the night before the tour are available. Cost for a room in Albuquerque is $259, tax included.