- 7 Day Motorcoach and Scenic Train Excursion
- Free home or local pickup and return
- 12 Meals (3 dinners, 3 lunches and 6 breakfasts)
- Visit the Lucy Desi Center including the Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz Museum and Desilu Studios
- Enjoy a spaghetti lunch in Ricky’s Tropicana Room followed by an included live comedy performance
- Guided Lucy Town Tour to see Jamestown through Lucy’s eyes
- Visit Corning Museum of Glass representing 3½ centuries of glass and glassmaking from Egyptian to 20th century
- Tour the beautiful 1887 Queen Anne-style Sonnenburg Mansion and Gardens
- Enjoy lunch in the authentic 1890s Romanesque Belhurst Castle
- Tour and tasting at Lucas Vineyards
- Visit scenic Watkins Glenn State Park known for its beautiful scenery and many waterfalls
- Take a Covered Wagon ride through the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania with an included box lunch
- Climb aboard the Tioga Central Railroad for a scenic excursion through the pristine landscape of northern Pennsylvania
- Visit the Seneca-Iroquois National Museum and learn about the culture and history of the Seneca and Iroquois people
$35 in Mayflower Money
Day One — Depart for the Buckeye State
We travel into Ohio today where our Tour Manager hosts a welcome dinner.
Day Two — Lucy Desi Center and Live Comedy Show
Today is dedicated to New York’s favorite daughter, Lucille Ball. Here, we visit the Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum, a warm salute to the “First Couple of Comedy” filled with original costumes, awards, photographs and even Lucy’s 1972 gold Mercedes. At Desilu Studios you’ll find re-creations of Lucy and Ricky’s New York City apartment and their Hollywood hotel suite. There’s an interactive Vitameatavegmin set and a dazzling collection of the show’s Emmy Awards. In the re-creation of Ricky’s Tropicana Room, we enjoy a spaghetti lunch followed by a live comedy performance. A must for any I Love Lucy fan!
Breakfast and lunch
Day Three — Lucy’s Town Tour and Corning Museum of Glass
This morning we see Jamestown through the eyes of Lucy. A knowledgeable local guide takes us to the places of significance to Lucille Ball. You will see the house she was born in, the house where she grew up as well as the cemetery where she and her family rest. We continue to the town of Corning and arrive at the incredible Corning Museum of Glass. Founded in 1951, the Corning Museum of Glass contains over 40,000 objects representing 3,500 years of glass and glassmaking from Egyptian to 20th century, as well as live glassblowing demonstrations is this world-class museum.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Four — Finger Lakes Touring
We begin our day in the Finger Lakes region with a visit to Sonnenburg Gardens and Mansion State Historic Park, an architectural treasure with its 1887 Queen Anne-style mansion, lush landscape, formal gardens and their unique Lord & Burnham greenhouse complex. We’ll then enjoy lunch in the authentic 1890s Romanesque Belhurst Castle before coming to Lucas Vineyards for a tour and a tasting of Cayuga Lake’s oldest winery. We’ll also take a drive through Watkins Glenn State Park, known for its beautiful scenery and many waterfalls.
Breakfast and lunch
Day Five — Pennsylvania’s Grand Canyon and Tioga Central Railroad
This morning, we travel south into the Keystone State and visit one of the most scenic grandeurs of the east, the 1,000 foot-deep Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. Situated in approximately 160,000 acres of Tioga State Forest, the Grand Canyon of PA is spectacular. We’ll traverse the canyon floor on a horse-drawn wagon tour, along the old railroad bed through Pine Creek Canyon. After our box lunch, we hit the rails aboard the Tioga Central Railroad for a scenic excursion through the sleepy towns and pristine landscape of northern Pennsylvania.
Breakfast and box lunch
Day Six — Seneca-Iroquois National Museum
Before departing the Empire State this morning we stop at the Seneca-Iroquois National Museum. With over one million objects in its collection, the museum’s permanent and temporary exhibits introduces visitors to the culture and history of the Seneca and Iroquois people. Later in the day we arrive in Ohio for a farewell dinner and final overnight.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Seven — Travel Home
Travel across Ohio and Indiana today arriving home in the afternoon.
Days One and Six
Clarion Inn, Hudson, Ohio
Comfort Inn, Jamestown, New York
Days Three through Five
Country Inn and Suites, Horseheads, New York