- Free home or local pickup and return
- 9 Meals (4 dinners, 1 lunch and 4 breakfasts)
- Take a “musical tour”of Memphis with a local musician guide to see Beale Street, Cotton Row and the Lorraine Motel
- Enjoy a private dinner of sumptuous Southern cuisine at the Daisy Theater followed by the Elvis Holiday Tribute Show performed by one of the nation’s top tribute artists
- Visit the Delta Cultural Center in Helena, Arkansas
- Included lunch and live blues music at Ground Zero Blues Club, founded by Morgan Freeman
- Tour the Delta Blues Museum to learn the history of the blues culture which has existed here since the 1920s
- Private evening tour of Elvis’ Graceland mansion including the living rooms, music room and “jungle” den all decorated for the holiday season along with his gold record, awards and costumes
- Exclusive Memphis barbeque buffet dinner and private touring in Elvis’ museum complex including the Automobile Museum, Chrome Grill, Rockabilly Diner while Elvis himself plays on the big screen
- Evening driving tour of the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows annual Way of Lights Christmas Illumination Display
- Visit the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, a state-of-the-art facility which documents the life of our nation’s 16th President
$25 in Mayflower Money
Days One and Two — Memphis City Tour and exclusive Elvis Holiday Tribute Show
With an overnight and welcome dinner in Missouri, we arrive in Memphis, Tennessee, where a local musician guide joins us for a “musical tour” of “The Blues City.” We’ll see Beale Street, Cotton Row, Sun Studios and the Lorraine Motel before checking into our hotel. Tonight, we head to the new Daisy Theater on Beale Street for a delicious dinner of sumptuous Southern cuisine. Following dinner, we are treated to an exclusive Elvis Holiday Tribute Show featuring a live band backing up one of America’s best known tribute artists. Sing along to such Elvis favorites as Merry Christmas Baby, Peace in the Valley and of course, Blue Christmas.
2 Dinners and breakfast
Day Three — Delta Blues Museum and Graceland Tour and Dinner
In the heart of the Mississippi River Delta, we stop at the Delta Cultural Center in Helena, Arkansas before coming to Clarksdale, Mississippi. Long considered “Ground Zero” for blues aficionados, actor Morgan Freeman opened the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarkdale to celebrate the area’s rich blues heritage and provide a forum in which it can continue. Enjoy lunch at the club while taking in some of the local talent. At the Delta Blues Museum, learn the history of the blues culture which has existed here since the 1920s. Once a boom town, Clarksdale is home to artists Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker and Sam Cooke to name a few. With time to freshen up at the hotel, we arrive at Elvis’ Graceland mansion after the public has left for a private tour of the 14-acre estate. See the living rooms, music room and “jungle” den all decorated for the holiday season, along with Elvis’ gold records, awards and costumes. In the museum complex, a Memphis barbeque buffet dinner awaits. Tour Elvis’ Automobile Museum and see the Chrome Grill, Rockabilly Diner and his two aircraft while Elvis himself plays on the big screen. Truly a night to remember.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Day Four — National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows
Depart Memphis this morning and travel to one of the largest outdoor shrines in America, the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows. Dinner at the Shrine is included this evening, followed by a driving tour through the wonderfully decorated grounds. Since 1970, the Shrine’s annual Way of Lights Christmas display has illuminated the grounds for the holiday season.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Five — Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum and Home
For those who wish, attend mass this morning before leaving The National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows. In Springfield, we stop to visit the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. This state-of-the-art facility documents the life of our nation’s 16th U.S. President as well as the course of the American Civil War. Later, we return home filled with warm holiday memories from our Blue Christmas holiday.
Pear Tree Inn, Sikeston, Missouri
Days Two and Three
Drury Inn, Horn Lake, Mississippi
Shrine Hotel, Belleville, Illinois