9 Meals (4 dinners and 5 breakfasts)
Airport transfers on tour dates when air is provided by Mayflower Tours
- Round trip airport transfers
- Spend 2 nights in the Fisherman’s Wharf area of the “City by the Bay,” San Francisco
- Tour San Francisco with a local guide including the Barbary Coast area, Chinatown and Haight-Ashbury with its iconic Victorian homes
- Visit a Muir Woods National Park and see the Giant Sequoias
- Embark on a narrated San Francisco Bay cruise, taking in the city’s waterfront, Angel Island, Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Spend 2 nights in El Portal, California, just outside the entrance to a Yosemite National Park
- Experience a narrated tram tour of the Yosemite Valley Floor seeing such sights as Yosemite Falls, El Capitan and Bridalveil Falls
- Spend 2 nights in Lake Tahoe, Nevada
- Cruise the sparkling clear, turquoise waters of Lake Tahoe aboard the MS Dixie II with views of castles and mansions along the shoreline
- Visit Old Sacramento, a National Historic Landmark District, alive with shops and attractions set along the Sacramento River
- California Wine Country winery tour and tasting
$40 in Mayflower Money
Day One — Arrive in San Francisco
Claimed by many to be the most beautiful city in America, San Francisco plays host to your first two nights in California. Meet your Tour Manager at 6:00 p.m. who will be able to recommend places to dine this evening.
Day Two — San Francisco City Tour and Muir Woods National Park
A local guide joins us today for a narrated city tour of San Francisco including the Barbary Coast area Chinatown and the iconic Victorian homes of Haight-Ashbury. Then we cross the world-famous Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito and continue to Muir Woods National Park for an opportunity to see the mighty Giant Sequoia trees of Muir Woods National Park. Take your own photo shots of its beautiful skyline, the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island tonight we dine on Fisherman’s Wharf as we watch the sun set across the water.
Day Three — San Francisco Bay Cruise
Begin the morning with a narrated cruise of San Francisco Bay which takes us around Alcatraz Island and under the Golden Gate Bridge. Later, we depart San Francisco and travel through the rambling hills of the picturesque San Joaquin Valley and begin our ascent into the Sierra Nevada Mountains for our next destination, Yosemite National Park. This is sacred land to Native Americans, a gold mine to prospectors and the favorite backdrop for photographer Ansel Adams.
Day Four — a Yosemite National Park Touring
Our day in Yosemite National Park begins with a narrated tram tour to feel the grandeur of this natural treasure. Visit Yosemite Falls and the one-mile-thick granite mountain El Capitan. This afternoon, enjoy free time to explore Yosemite including the Valley Visitor Center, the Indian Village, Ansel Adam’s gallery or just relax and take in the sights and smells of mountain pine and blooming flowers.
Day Five — Sierra Nevada Range
Today we travel through the beautiful High Sierras with their rugged mountains and lush forests on our way to Lake Tahoe. The largest and second deepest Alpine lake in North America, Lake Tahoe is one of America’s favorite natural attractions. The city of Lake Tahoe is unique in that it straddles two states and boasts casinos with great entertainment for plenty of evening fun.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Six — Lake Tahoe Touring
Spectacular mountains, breathtaking forests and sparkling clear waters await along the Lake Tahoe drive, which has been called one of the “most scenic drives in the USA.” This afternoon we view the spectacular scenery from the water aboard the MS Dixie II, as we cruise the turquoise waters of Emerald Bay and Lake Tahoe. Non-stop photo opportunities await and 1 you view the castles and mansions tucked between inlets and picturesque points.
Day Seven — Sacramento
and California’s Wine Country
Travel back towards the coast and arrive at Sacramento, California’s state capital and steeped in western history. We visit Old Sacramento, a National Historic Landmark District, alive with shops and attractions set along the Sacramento River. We continue our day into California’s wine country and visit the Sonoma area surrounded by rolling valleys and hundreds of vineyards. We visit a Napa Valley winery where you can learn, taste and take back home your favorite wines.
Breakfast and dinner
Day Eight — Return Home
There will be one group transfer to San Francisco International Airport for return flights home departing after 12:00 p.m.
Days One and Two
Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco, California
Days Three and Four
Yosemite View Lodge, Yosemite, California
Days Five and Six
MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa, Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Doubletree Hotel Sonoma Wine Country, Rhonert Park, California
Call for air rates and schedules from your city to and from San Francisco International Airport
Rooms for the night before the tour are available. Cost for a room in San Francisco is $399 in June and July and $469 in September and October, tax included.